Cold Spray Overview
SST supplies a range of proprietary cold spray equipment, complementary devices, and consumables that are used to repair, restore, refinish and recoat manufactured products.
SST also dedicates R&D capabilities toward advanced cold spray developments to identify commercially viable applications for cold spray technology.
Cold Spray Coatings - Corrosion protection, metal restoration, conductive layers (on glass) and wear abatement.
- CNC Machining (Milling, Lathe, Boring, Grinding)
- Equipment Assembly
- Controls Programming
- Electrical Design
- Fabrication (frames, transfers, guarding)
- Panel Build
- Single and Multi-Station Assembly
- Wire EDM
- Application Development
- Custom Powder & Coating Development
- Demo & Shows
- Engineering Support
- Equipment Selection
- Machining Services
- Metallurgical Analysis
- On-site Spraying
- Process Development
- Research & Development
- Trials, Short Run
- Metal restoration - Engine blocks, castings, molds and dies, weld seams, auto body repair, HVAC equipment, refrigeration equipment, heat exchangers.
- Thermal barriers - aluminum piston heads, manifolds, disc brakes, aircraft engine components.
- Thermal dissipation - copper or aluminum heat sinks for microelectronics.
- Wear resistant coatings - metallic-ceramic matrix, solid lubricant matrix with base metals.
- Electrically conductive coatings - copper or aluminum patches on metal, ceramic or polymeric components.
- Localized corrosion protection - zinc or aluminum deposits on affected helms, weldments or other joints.
- Biomedical coatings - biocompatible/bioactive materials on orthopedic implants, prostheses, dental implants.
Cold Spray technology offers exciting opportunities for companies seeking a competitive advantage for their coating needs. With Cold Spray, users can streamline existing processes, increase value-added content, reduce scrap, and improve recycling and refurbishment activities. As an established supplier of Cold Spray solutions, CenterLine is a leader in providing commercial Cold Spray systems and services.
Cold Spray is considered part of the Thermal Spray family of processes and can be identified by a variety of industry terms such as:
- Cold Gas-Coating Technique
- Cold Gas-Dynamic Method (CGDM)
- Cold Gas-Dynamic Spray Technology (CGDS)
- Cold Gas-Dynamic Spray Method (CGSM)
- Cold Spray
- Cold Spray Processing
- Dymet® [Obninsk Center for Powder Spraying (OCPS)]
- Gas-Dynamic Spray (GDS)
- High Speed Particle Deposition
- Kinetic Metallization® [Innovative Technology, Inc.]
- Kinetic Spray Process
- Kinetic Spray Coating
- Kinetic Spray Coating Method
- Supersonically Induced Mechanical Alloy Technology (SIMAT)
- Vacuum Cold-Spray (VCS)
CenterLine's family of commercial Low-Pressure Cold Gas-Dynamic Spray products and systems are marketed using the SST Cold Spray™ brand name.
Twitter Feed @SSTCLine: