Cold gas-dynamic spray (Cold Spray) is an enabling technology for diverse applications in a wide range of industrial and commercial applications.
The following coating application descriptions are provided to stimulate application development. The user is ultimately responsible to ensure that their application of the process is not the subject of pending or issued intellectual property protection. The specific application must be evaluated to ensure the suitability of the process to achieve the desired results.
• Engine repair and customization.
• Aluminum wheel restoration.
• Low porosity spray brazing replacement.
• Skin repairs (e.g. dent repair, Alclad replacement).
• Corrosion restoration and protection.
• Landing strut restoration.
• Embedded sensors.
• Tooling repair.
• Thermoform tooling to match or change the base material thermal properties.
• Tooling fabrication.
• Electroform tooling replacement.
• Sputter target preparation.
• Placement of metal foams.
• Preplaced brazing and soldering filler metals.
Mold and Tooling Repair
• Kirksite die repair.
• Plastic injection mold restoration.
• Heated display case glass to eliminate condensation.
• Artistic applications.
• Corrosion repair
• Hermetic sealing of containers.
• Sealing pressure vessels.
• Pump restoration.
• Electrical circuit transition joints.
• Generator repair.
• Spray forming of circuit conductors.
• Embedded sensors.
• Bonded heat sinks.
• Preparing ceramics or glass for bonding.
• Transition joints between copper and aluminum conductors.
• Turbine and pump restoration.
• In situ repair of large commutator surfaces.
• Corrosion protection.
• Implant surfacing.
• Instrument coating.
• Electrode formation.
• Barrier coatings on mill components to prevent liquation cracking.
• Fabrication of bi-metal components.
• Repair of castings.
This list is by no means exhaustive. There are many applications being considered or employed in these industries as well as all branches of the Military and in University and private Research institutions. SST can assist you to evaluate and address your application so that you can begin to realize the benefits of the cold spray process.
Twitter Feed @SSTCLine: